Patchwork Scarves, or the Last Project of 2008

>> Wednesday, December 31, 2008

As Michelle correctly guessed, the image I last posted was scarves. I taught myself how to make them this week, primarily because I want one to match my purple wool coat. Of course, I need to finish that one! However, these are the ones I did complete:

And here are a couple images with the full scarf pattern more visible:

And on my model (and first recipient):

Though she's not wearing it in the picture, I designed the scarf with her green coat (and favorite color) in mind. Both scarves are backed with soft, warm yellow fleece. The fleece was leftover from the quilt I made for my mom, and at about 60" it's the perfect length for scarves. I didn't have any particular pattern in mind and, as you can see, I experimented with 2 different patchwork varieties. Making the scarves is much less time intensive than making a quilt and, as such, it is immensely -- if not quite instantly -- gratifying. I'm looking forward to making more in 2009.

And with that, Happy New Years Eve!

1 comments:

~Michelle~ January 1, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

Yep, knew it! I think I need to make myself some scarves now that the holidays are over - maybe that's the way to use some of the fabric I've been hording! :) Very cute, love the polka dots!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP