A Tree for My Wall?

>> Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I have a big blank wall in my dining room just waiting for a tree mural. A friend of a friend painted gorgeous flowers, butterflies, and grasslands on a small wall near my friends' entry/kitchen, and I've been wanting to do something similar ever since. As I've searched through the blogosphere for good ideas, I've found plenty of Goldilocks-and-the-three-bears-style inspiration:


Helpful how-to instructions but a little too graffiti-ish for me.
From how to paint a tree on my wall from Apartment Therapy.

Beautiful but a little too delicate for me.
From Design*Sponge's Sneak Peek at Catherine Weis' house.

Whimsical but too narrow.
From Juicy Bits (nice blog header, by the by) Home Sweet Tree

Three-dimensional but too small.
Jessica Jones' Japanese Maple over at How About Orange.

Focus on the wall and ignore the pink bedroom.
I think this is the tree for me, though I'd paint it rather than felt it.
From Cup of Coco's Custom Room.

A close-up.
I think I might combine this tree design with Jessica Jone's three-dimensional leaves for an fun wall.

Now I just need to figure out how to translate these ideas onto the wall. Any and all tips are welcome!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP