Friday Recipe Links

>> Friday, January 2, 2009

Apologies for the Friday Recipe hiatus. They will return next week, Friday, January 9, 2009. I'm at a conference today and life was a little too chaotic to take the pictures and write up a recipe before I left for the Big Apple.

However, in lieu of recipes from me, I offer a few links, moving backwards from dessert to the appetizer.

*Super-easy and amazingly delicious white-chocolate covered Oreo (or Trader Joe's Jo-Jos) truffles from Bakerella. They are sure to impress you and your guests. I recommend making them and keeping them in the freezer. They are an excellent, if way too indulgent, snack/dessert after your guests depart. Or just make a bunch, hoard them for yourself, and eat them all slowly over time. The freezer is magic.

*From Tigers & Strawberries (what a fantastic blog name), you can learn some best practices for stir-frying tofu in a wok. There's also a blog entry on apron-making for those like me who have some desires to venture into that sort of sewing project in 2009.

*Interested in Indian at home? Here's a vegan version of Palak Paneer (my favorite Indian dish!) using tofu instead of paneer (cheese) from FatFree Vegan Kitchen.

*Winter is soup season. Stephanie over at Loft Creations offers this tomato-white bean soup. I haven't made it yet but I'm planning to next week, perhaps with cannellini beans instead of navy beans (someone is probably going to tell me they're the same thing, but I've always preferred the ones that are labeled cannellini beans).

*Who doesn't love artichokes? And if you can't get them fresh, dips are a great way to go with either the canned or frozen variety. 101 Cookbooks presents this baked artichoke dip.

And with that, have a wonderful weekend!

1 comments:

M.E. Greene January 4, 2009 at 7:05 PM  

What a fun blog you have here! I'm so glad you came by my blog so that I was able to find you. Love the recipes!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP