Friday Recipe: Roasted Asparagus

>> Friday, December 5, 2008

Continuing the vegetable theme from last week and offering a simple (to type and to make) recipe, I offer roasted asparagus. Claire introduced me to this asparagus, and it remains one of the few ways I actually like eating asparagus.


Roasted Asparagus
~as much or as little as you want

Asparagus
Olive Oil
Garlic, crushed
Salt
Pepper

1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Trim asparagus.
3. Lay asparagus in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.


4. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with crushed garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.
5. Roast at 500 degrees for ~ 12 minutes. (Thicker asparagus may need more time.)

Notes:
*I prefer thin asparagus, but do as you wish.

*Like with any cooking, the better olive oil you use, the better the dish will be.

2 comments:

Anonymous December 18, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

I'm a little late here, but did you ever make it to Lombardino's here in Madison and have their asparagus alla Milanese appetizer? Roasted, lightly salted asparagus, over-easy egg and really, really good asiago cheese on top and frisee underneath. One of my most favorite dishes ever!

Say hi to VA for me.

two hippos December 19, 2008 at 10:01 AM  

Thanks for stopping by! I did make it to Lombardino's but I didn't have their asparagus....I guess I'll have to come back to try it! I hope all is well in Madison. I'll say hi to everyone in VA for you as I believe I'll be seeing a good chunk o' people tomorrow.

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP