A Wonderland Excursion

>> Friday, February 5, 2010

Last spring I bought a couple of charm packs. They sat in my fabric stash for a while, as I debated how to use them. I'd consider squares and triangles, think about possible layouts, and grow paralyzed by all of the ideas. Then, over the summer, Ashley posted her Baby Wonderland quilts and, last month, I decided to dig in to the charm pack stash.

 
As for the quilting, I decided to go with 1/4" off each seam. I like it. It's simple, but shows off the squares which really make the quilt. A little Odyssea (also by MoMo) snuck in -- see that green Penelope and blue Calypso in the upper middle? The shades coordinate well with Wonderland, which I greatly appreciate.


I also LOVE this backing. It's been in my stash for a year and I intended to use it for a quilt for my living room. But it called out to me, and it was time to break in. Luckily, there's still some left, and I'm thinking of ways to use it for me. I think it looks best in large chunks, and I want display the overall effect, not just a couple flowers.


I bound the quilt with a deep reddish-purple Kona solid. I think it works well with both the back and front fabrics, and the solid contains some of the wilder prints. This is part of the stash 'o baby quilts I'm building for my 8 million friends having kids now and this spring. And for the friends keeping track, this one will head off to the home of someone who doesn't frequent the blog, or at least I don't think frequents it :)

 

3 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski February 6, 2010 at 9:21 PM  

Love what you did with your Wonderland. I have some charm packs hanging out too and may just take some inspiration from yours!!

Erin February 8, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

This is really gorgeous - I wouldn't have thought to put those colors together, and they look wonderful. Great job on the quilting, as well.

sews1128 March 3, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

The backing is a fabulous as the quilt! I can't wait to see it in your living room on the gold sofa or purple chair. It will be awesome!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP