Fabric Treats

>> Saturday, February 13, 2010

 
I would say that the doorbell rang, but doorbell is a misnomer. It's really a buzzer that, no matter how many times I hear it, startles me. Thus the buzzer buzzed and knocking commenced. My friendly postal delivery person had a package in her hand, an express mail envelope for my roommate, for which someone (aka me, as the door-answerer) needed to sign. But there was something else, a small box, for me.

 
Upon opening the box, I discovered all sorts of unexpected fabric treats. Once I recognized the sender, I knew the box contained fabric, as it was part of a fabric swap run by Maranda.

 
Maranda was in fact my partner and went above and beyond the 2 FQs we agreed to exchange.

This awesome parcel included 4, that's right, 4 fat quarters. And all awesome fabrics at that.

Moreover, 2 of the fat quarters were rolled up inside hippos! You can see the lovely Arcadia fabric bundled up inside the blue hippo on the right (whose full body appears in the first photo above).

Maranda cleverly packaged everything with strips of fabric as cushioning. I need to remember this for future wrapping.

Once I took the FQs out of the hippos, I put the strips inside, and the hippos are now happily resting on my bookshelf.

 
Awesomeness all laid out together. What a delightful treat. Thank you, Maranda!

3 comments:

Abby and Stephanie February 14, 2010 at 6:35 AM  

What a fun swap package. CUTE hippos. Love Arcadia. I made 3 bags using that line when it came out.

MandMStudio February 15, 2010 at 8:37 PM  

I'm glad you like the fabric and the hippos. I'm totally in love with your blog name.

sews1128 March 3, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

Beautiful fabric. Adorable hippos!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP