Galaxy Quilt (In Progress)

>> Sunday, February 28, 2010

 
For the record, I am very good at meeting deadlines. This trait probably has a little something to do with working on my high school and then college newspaper as a writer, photographer, and editor (usually only two of the three at one time, but when necessary, I could don all three hats for the issue). The DQS 8 deadline is fast approaching, and it was time to get working on a quilt for my swap partner.

AlthoughI'd figured out (at least conceptually) what I wanted to do, I didn't cut into any fabric or start sewing until last night. By the end of the evening, I'd amassed the wonky stars above, in various prints of red and aqua set against chocolate brown.

Over the course of today, I played with the block arrangements (I should have taken pictures along the way as it evolved through many iterations), pieced the quilt (that was a bit tricky, I must say, and the seam ripper scissors came in quite handy), quilted it, and now all I have left is the binding. I'll even make the internaitonal mailing deadline of March 1, though mine is a domestic package.

More on the quilt (and others too!) soon....

1 comments:

~Michelle~ March 1, 2010 at 1:02 PM  

um, ditto for me too w/regard to the deadline - I had my DQS fabrics halfway cut, then I cut them completely and sewed the entire thing yesterday (LONG day) - I'm nearly done, I need to add some buttons :)

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP