Parrots and Pigs

>> Friday, February 12, 2010

 
I used to be a disciplined quilter. I started a project, worked on it, and completed it. Then I started a new project. I am no longer that quilter. I have three projects in the works, at various stages, and yet started a fourth this week. 

Elizabeth of Oh, Fransson! posted a tutorial for a Crazy 9-Patch Lattice Quilt. It looks fun and I needed to get crackin' on some gender neutral baby quilts. Indeed, I already need one, and the design seemed like it would be fun with lots of primary color prints. I made the first set of 9 blocks over the course of two evenings (and a couple of accompanying crime shows). I thought I remembered all the directions perfectly, but I did not. So that set is a bit imperfect.

But I've got another set in the works and I think they'll play well together even if one is more perfect than the other. I might use the lattice layout Elizabeth shows but I'm also thinking about a few other options as well. Once I have all the blocks in hand, I'll lay them out on my design wall floor, and proceed according to what speaks to me, or what screams "put me together, put me together." 

Then again, I just received a big box of fabric I ordered and I'm kind of hankering for an orange quilt, an orange creamsicle quilt, if you will. So what gets started and what gets finished this weekend remains a question...

p.s. I'm still trying to figure out my new camera and how it works in different lighting, but hopefully my images will continue to improve.

1 comments:

Carla February 13, 2010 at 7:38 PM  

I can't work on just one project at a time, I get bored. So I'm guilty of working on at least 3 at one time. It's not so bad and you'll never get bored.

I love the animal prints! Especially the running, scarfed zebra!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP