My Magic Toilet and Other Weekend Tales

>> Sunday, January 31, 2010

Around midnight on Friday night, I went into the bathroom, expecting to encounter the same problem toilet that had been acting up for a few days (thanks for all the plunger tips, readers!). It started doing it's usual thing, filling up but not flushing. Then all the sudden, it changed course, and actually flushed. The new water replaced the old, there was a swishing sound, swirling water, and, voila, a replenished toilet bowl. Amazing. I don't know what happened there.

My guess, based on some online research, is that the toilet was not truly clogged but rather there was a small obstruction that prevented adequate flushing/draining. And by some unknown means (perhaps my inadequate plunging from Friday morning?), the toilet decided to wake up, revive itself, and start working again. That certainly made the weekend better, though I still approach that piece of porcelain with some trepidation.


With the plumbing situation under control, I allowed myself a little break from reading last night, pieced some blocks, and cleaned up the area around my sewing machine. I've never worked with grey before, but I'm really excited about how this is starting to come together.

 
Blocks await trimming and the arranging. But I finally have a sense of how this will look overall. A trip to the store is in order, however, as I need to get some grey thread for quilting. But there are plenty of things to do before quilting occurs or, to be honest, is even in the realm of happening soon.

2 comments:

Abby and Stephanie January 31, 2010 at 12:39 PM  

Terrific blocks. I have some grey and yellow stacked together with a fantastic print waiting to be played with. Soon...

Anonymous February 1, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

Hurrah for self healing plumbing!

Cute blanket to be :) Love the toad stool print.

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP