Patchwork Piecing

>> Thursday, August 11, 2011


I almost forgot about my tiny patchwork project. These are 1" (finished) squares from the Terrain scraps Kate Spain generously sent me. My plan was to combine patchwork and circles with a lot of negative space. Then I saw Angela's post with a couple of design options for her quilt guild's Habitat challenge, and I thought maybe I should use my Terrain strings in a version of her Big Zig or Modern Tracks layout. I'll have at least 8.5 hours of driving on Saturday to further contemplate what to do. Maybe incorporate circles and strings? Maybe the Big Zig or Modern Tracks on the front and circles on the back? So many possibilities...

4 comments:

~Michelle~ August 11, 2011 at 12:41 PM  

I really like the itty bitty squares - Terrain seems to be able to be broken down into the small blocks well. The strings would then work well for the fabric also. I've been thinking about doing this with the Australia/Aborigine fabrics: http://www.twomoreseconds.com/2011/03/blogging-process-my-3x6-bee-blocks.html

Karissa August 11, 2011 at 3:57 PM  

Oh wow! I LOVE those tiny pieces!

Lee August 11, 2011 at 9:45 PM  

Wow, I think I love it just the way it is! But I know whatever you do with it, it will be beautiful.

Rie August 12, 2011 at 12:30 AM  

Wow! Time consuming but worth it! Looks fantastic!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP