Meet Bianca

>> Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Meet Bianca, my new hippo friend. My parents found her somewhere in Israel, possibly in Tel Aviv (it looks like something one could find in the Modern Art Museum, whether that's where she was residing is unclear to me. My mom probably told where they caught sight of her, but I have since forgotten). In any event, I'm quite fond of my new desk gadget, especially because I have reunited with my desk.

And also because Bianca is so useful. Not only does she hold paper, but she also holds my ideas. Ideas jotted on a random scrap of a box, possibly the container for my mini external hard drive (Western Digital Passport). In this case, she's gripping a quilt idea I've already started working on, miracle of miracles. I was a bit overly ambitious in thinking I could actually make the whole thing from start to finish in the three days I have at home before my research trip to Minneapolis, but I've successfully used almost 5 yards of white fabric, so progress has been made.

3 comments:

~Michelle~ August 16, 2011 at 2:55 PM  

Love when parents indulge you with crazy little gadgets :)

Alli August 16, 2011 at 6:57 PM  

That is an awesome hippo! From the side she looked like a stapler... is she really just meant to hold paper?

Karissa August 18, 2011 at 12:23 PM  

Cute hippo! Also, 5 yards of white?! That sounds like a LOT of piecing... Can't wait to see the results!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP