Mad Measuring (and Cutting!) Skills

>> Monday, August 8, 2011

My brother decided to put my sewing skills to use this weekend...by turning me into his drywall cutter. It was a pretty good match for my skill set, and I think I was pretty good at it....as long as he told me where to measure from, that is. There was one piece that I cut a little short because I measured from the top of the new stud rather than the old stud, but it was fixable. I was a little uncertain about the cut-outs for the outlets and light switches, but they actually turned out pretty well. And I preferred this work to grouting, though it might be a tie with drilling holes for wires. I really do like drilling.

Back to the regularly scheduled crafting programming soon....

At the end of the week, I'll pack my car (including my sewing machine and fabric) and drive back to the midwest. I'll have a few days at home to unpack and resettle, before taking off for Minneapolis/St. Paul for 2 weeks of research. Any tips or suggestions about places to eat, fabric shops to visit, and other places to explore in the Twin Cities is most welcome.

1 comments:

sews1128 August 9, 2011 at 10:03 PM  

You did a great job cutting out those holes--they matched all of the outlets. An excellent use of your sewing skills! Who knew that you would be able to transfer your sewing skills so easily. I'm proud of both J and you! Keep up the good work. Too bad you will not be around this weekend to finish up the project.

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP