Seriously Awesome

>> Friday, March 23, 2012

No, seriously. Awesome. I returned from Cincinnati to a box filled with these fantastic goodies. My For the Love of Solids Swap (FTLOS) partner, Diane, "got" me perfectly. {Note: in my experience, FTLOS has provided the best swap experience, hands down.} Not only did she make me fabulous items -- a sewing machine cover and a zippered pouch -- but she included homemade tomato jam (I love tomatos. Really. Love them) and a stack of chocolate whose wrappers match the sewn items. Impressive.
Let's take a closer look at these sewn items. Diane used the colors I requested (betty's orange, glacier (teal), and ochre (deep yellow)) and added aqua and cerise for a fantastic color combination. The background fabric is quilter's linen -- this is the first time I've seen it up close, and I'm smitten.

The sewing machine is completely reversible. Look at this cool improv back! And you can sneak a peek at the light brown walls -- doesn't this make my sewing machine into an art piece in the living room? I've been debating what colors and fabrics to use in a living room quilt, and this sewing machine cover seals it for me. I obviously need to make a coordinating quilt. Because these colors make me so happy. And they work with the gold couch (the best reading couch ever, but gold nonetheless).

To top it off, Diane sent this lovely pouch. Those blocks are tiny and perfectly precise. And the aqua zipper? Pure happiness (and awesomeness) all around.

6 comments:

~Michelle~ March 23, 2012 at 1:37 PM  

Lucky ducky! I love all of your gifties :) The Solids swap might just be on my agenda after I take myself off preggo-induced swap exile later in the year, all of the projects I've seen are so fantastic!

Karissa March 23, 2012 at 2:46 PM  

Wow--what a fantastic swap! And I agree--a matching quilt is definitely called for!

felicity March 23, 2012 at 5:14 PM  

Score! I had a great experience in FTLOSS too!

Mary Anne March 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM  

Love your new sewing machine cover! Both sides are gorgeous - and the pouch is perfect too! Woo Hoo!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com March 27, 2012 at 1:15 PM  

It makes me happy to know I "got" you correctly.

Kelli March 31, 2012 at 3:47 PM  

Lucky girl! Beautiful colors, beautiful designs.

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP