Stretching Out

>> Friday, March 2, 2012

So many tiny pieces. So many bias edges.

I probably should have invested in some starch before I embarked on this project, but why use an easily accessible tool when you've never felt the need to before? And, to be honest, it wasn't until I was sewing these little bits together and trying to square everything up that I realized starch could have helped. Next time...except, I have no plans to piece or paper-piece tiny little chevrons any time soon. I'm really glad I was crazy enough to plunge into making this without thinking through all these details as I think (hope) my partner will be pleased. And I'm glad that participating in swaps pushes me to do things I never would have thought of alone. But I feel sufficiently limbered up to avoid practicing this particular design any more for a while. I know, I know -- this is the exact opposite of what any coach, in any sport or activity would tell you to do. Luckily, I'm not aiming for the Quilting Olympics and can thus resume flitting around to other techniques and playing with new ideas with no remorse and no ill consequences.

4 comments:

piecemealquilts March 2, 2012 at 9:30 PM  

How wonderful! It's so clean and geometric, and I love the neutral color palette.

Karissa March 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM  

I think it looks okay... and any weirdness can certainly be quilted out.

a maidenhair fern March 6, 2012 at 5:56 PM  

I really like it. the contrasts are nice. bias corners can be unruly! nice job.

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP