Pay It Forward

>> Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pay It Forward (PIF) is making its way around the crafty blogs (maybe others too, but I'm less attuned to those). The basic idea involves doing something for someone with no expectation of receiving any benefit and with the expectation that the recipient will in turn pass on the kindness to someone else.

I joined PIF over at Piecemeal Quilts, and I'm committed to *doing something* within the next year (365 days) for the first three people who comment on this post. By "doing something," I mean that I will make and mail something to you and do something for the greater good of the community. I'm adding the last part on myself, as I'm excited to do something for those who read this blog, but I also want to help those in need in my area. I'm not sure what it will be -- a donation of some sort (time, money, items) -- but I will do it in your name to a local organization that I think could benefit from resources and/or help (and in Michigan, there are no shortage of such places these days). I'll let you know about it when I send you a present of some crafting variety.

If you sign on, as one of the first three to comment, you commit to doing the same, to Paying It Forward via your blog. If you comment, please make sure I have a way of contacting you.

And apart from PIF, I'm committing to organizing a fabric swap later in the spring. Once I get it organized, I hope you'll help spread the word.

4 comments:

Liba April 23, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

I am more than happy to be the first to comment. Great idea.

ilovebabyquilts April 23, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

Great idea! I just posted today about making toys to give away to strangers. We are on the same page!

West Michigan Quilter April 23, 2009 at 1:15 PM  

Great idea. I'm more than happy to join.

two hippos April 23, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

Excellent. Thanks for responding, and I will be in touch with each of you to get your addresses. It may take some time for items to actually arrive, however :)

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP