The Accidental Apron

>> Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Online shopping can be tricky. I discovered eBay the other week (I know, I know, it's been around for a long time, I have friends who work for them and all that, but I hadn't bought fabric from eBay before). It is evil, in that deliciously tempting sort of way. And I bid on a bunch of items. And then, when I wasn't fully focusing, I bid on a charmpack of Oh-Cherry-Oh instead of Hello Betty (both of Moda fame).

It happens. Only this time I won it, and therefore owned it. Without any designated plans for it, I decided it was ideal for an apron. Hence the accidental cherry pie apron, featuring the blue/turquoisy prints, a red background, a yellow waistband, and long blue sashes that can tie in the front or the back. It's fully lined, making it reversible, and has a large front pocket perfect for recipes...or cell phones since I find that I frequently need to keep my cell phone handy and non covered with flour.

I decided the accidental apron was the perfect item with which to reinvigorate, er, re-open, my etsy shop. You can find it listed here. Perfect for a Mother's Day gift, I would argue.

2 comments:

Micki April 30, 2009 at 4:39 AM  

It turned out perfectly! What a lovely apron!
Micki

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP