Watermelon Slice

>> Friday, September 2, 2011

My partner's favorite colors: check.
Improvisational: check
Somewhat wonky: check.

My plan for my partner's solid swap item changed a lot in my head. Working off her mosaic, I came up with several ideas. But none of them felt right. Then I was looking through some of my Flickr favorites and came up with a new plan. The pieced piece above represents the start of that plan.

I always forget that wonky/improv piecing almost always takes longer than planned piecing. This step took most of yesterday to cut, sew, and press, and it's about 15" x 27". There's another little surprise to come, but as I worked on it, I dubbed it "watermelon slice" because of the varied greens with a tiny pop of raspberry pink. Plenty more work to do before the deadline, but it's taking shape and I think the remaining steps will be quicker.

2 comments:

FlourishingPalms September 2, 2011 at 12:03 PM  

It's very colorful, and with that raspberry pop, I like it a lot! Well done.

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP