Perfect Placemats

>> Saturday, September 17, 2011

I admit it. I've spent the past couple of days eagerly checking the mailbox to see if my For the Love of Solids package had arrived. It looked like almost everyone shipped in time, so it could have arrived anytime this past week. Today I was home when the mail carrier came, but I was talking to my roommate and managed not to duck outside in the middle of our conversation. But a little later, I checked outside and there was a nice box waiting for me. And inside the box was a fantastic set of goodies from my partner, Mary Anne. When she posted these on flickr, I commented on how much I liked the dark teal color (Kona Glacier for those keeping track at home). It's hanging out on the top of my favorite colors list with Betty's Orange. My neighbors painted the formerly forest green part of their house dark teal, and I love staring at it. Handily, it seems to be a very in color this fall, so I get to marvel at it a lot.

The placemats include a pieced section on the left, comprised of Moda Crossweaves. They are shimmery and fun and feel great. The quilting on these placemats is lovely as well -- an inner border on each of the rectangles of the pieced section and straight-line quilting on the rest of the placemat. As the first picture shows, the backs are made of light lime and a pieced section as well.

Mary Anne also included 4 coordinating napkins, made out of Turquoise and Light Lime. The hems on these napkins are gorgeous. I keep thinking about making cloth napkins for myself and then stop when I start thinking about all that hemming (strangely, I'd rather bind than hem. It makes no sense, I know.)

And here's everything all together. Mary Anne also included 2 fat quarters, of Kona Glacier and Moda Dill (one of my new favorites, I'm sort of on a green kick of late, though I haven't done much with it yet) as well as 2 bars of Lindt chocolate. On flickr, she asked about chocolate preferences and I responded (not knowing that she was my partner) that I love white and milk chocolate. When she posted a picture of everything she was sending and I could see that it included white chocolate, I was hoping that the package might wind its way to me. And it did. And this pleases me greatly. Thank you, Mary Anne!

3 comments:

Mary Anne September 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM  

I had a feeling that the chocolate might be a major hint!

Laura September 21, 2011 at 2:53 AM  

Lovely placemats - lucky you!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP