Leaving the Hermitage

>> Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's been a productive 6 weeks at Chez Two Hippos, or rather at Two Hippos' subletted hermitage. I moved out of my very-convenient-to-the-archives lodging last night, and I'm now getting ready for sublet #3 of the year. Unfortunately this next temporary move precludes bringing my sewing machine and assorted materials and tools with me. Knowing this, I spent a lot of my non-archives time sewing over the past month and even have a few things to show for it. I've blogged what I could, and have a few more items in store as they make their way to their new owners. Per usual, my to-do list was longer than my got-done list -- alas there are some birthday presents that remain unfinished (and even unstarted) and a few other gifts that will await more work over the summer.

As long as I have my sewing machine, I make a good hermit. {I'm also quite good at having epiphanies about obvious-to-others elements of my life.} I'm really quite content to move from the work portion of my day to the sewing portion of my day with little in between. Living in the suburbs helped too, as I'm much more likely to go out and explore when I can walk or bike or bus somewhere, none of which is particularly easy in the suburbs. Urban living will return for the next 7ish weeks which will be nice for getting out and wandering more. Clearly, I'm striving for balance over the course of the year, rather than balance in the day or week, on the inside/outside, stay-at-home/explore-the-world, be-a-hermit/see-friends-and-talk-to-people ratio.

Oh, and those blocks above? An unfinished and modified (slightly larger) version of Esch House Quilts' Triangle Maze blocks. It's hard to finish blocks when you run out of fabric. Someone neglected to add some numbers, thus requiring a hasty order of more navy fabric...

2 comments:

Karissa May 11, 2011 at 1:15 PM  

I'm impressed with your productivity! I usually only have energy to craft on the weekends; by the time I get home from my day job, I'm wiped. Although I do get a lot of hand-sewing done in front of the TV, so that does help cross things off my list... Best of luck with your move!

LucindaM May 12, 2011 at 7:40 AM  

Sounds like you're on an interesting journey. And I like the fabric you've put together in those blocks. Hope you enjoy your next move.

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP