Fabric Gold

>> Saturday, May 7, 2011

A friend recently asked for donations for a craft auction for a friend of hers who has been going through rough times. I offered to make a scarf and whipped up this summer-weight infinity scarf, made out of 2 madras fabrics. For the first time, I managed to sew the scarf without the aid of my seam ripper. I'm feeling good about that. Have I mentioned I like scarves? Especially soft ones? I think I need to make one of these for myself. I'm also thinking about making one for Sew Mama Sew's Giveaway Day on May 23. What do you think? What are your favorite giveaways?

I'm off to enjoy some meandering around colonial Williamsburg and kayaking with friends. Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

Stephanie May 7, 2011 at 3:25 PM  

I love this. Would you put up a tutorial on how to make them? I know they are probably super simple to make, but would still love to see exactly how you make yours.

~Michelle~ May 7, 2011 at 6:39 PM  

Im reading this about an hour before I bit a fabric shop... You've totally whet my appetite for madras, you're an enabler ;)

LucindaM May 7, 2011 at 9:02 PM  

Love the madras and the "infinity" scarf... that would be a great give-a-way.

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP