Back in the Workshop

>> Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I spent last night talking to friends and quilting -- a delightful combination. The semester has ended and I've reclaimed crafting time. I have a pile of quilts ready, or almost ready, to be bound, a number of projects in the cutting and piecing stage, and even more in my head. I'm going to spend the next week or so immersed in fabric, and I'm thrilled.

I remained in town over winter break last year and will do so again this year, albeit for different reasons. I don't celebrate Christmas so there's no rush home for me (and that can be truly a rush here as finals go through December 23 and some of my friends will administer exams tomorrow and then dash home while grading). This year, I'm gearing up for a temporary, albeit somewhat long, move back to the East Coast. I'll be doing research in DC, Philly, and NY over the next half year or thereabouts. This will be the first time I'll live in the DC area again since I left home for college, and my first sustained time on the East Coast since I graduated from college. I'm looking forward to this time but I also wanted time to decompress from the semester, to pack without pressure, and to take some true time off to refresh my brain before ramping up my work again.

I'll be taking my sewing machine with me, but I figured I should reduce the fabric stash a wee bit too. Time to dig in!

And if I don't post again before Friday, Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it.

1 comments:

Anonymous December 25, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

yay for nyc! would love to see you!

yana

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP