My Sister's Day

>> Saturday, November 20, 2010

My sister (on the left, above) is getting married to Matt (center, showman-style, above) today. I'm enjoying my last quiet moments in bed this morning before the preparation for this evening's festivities start. Soon enough, hair and makeup appointments will begin -- a world with which I am entirely unfamiliar. I've never had my makeup done and, as for hair, I'm a wash and wear kind of gal. When I get my hair cut, the cutter/stylist always asks how I want my hair styled and I always look back blankly and say "whatever you think would look best." I'm intrigued to see what today's "proffer-my-hair-to-stylist-and-see-what-happens" produces.

My sister and I are very different, and wedding planning often highlighted some of these differences in style, approach, beliefs, and attitudes. But my sister can be one of the most generous people I know, and she thought up and helped engineer what would have been the most amazing surprise of the weekend: bringing my best friend from California in for the wedding as my date. I say "would have" because illness unfortunately got in the way, but I had no clue this was in the works and it was the best thing anyone could have thought up and done for me. A big, public shout-out to my sister, mom, and friends for working really hard to give me the most meaningful gift possible: time with an amazing friend. Thank you, D!

And with that....


Congrats to D and Matt !

1 comments:

sews1128 November 23, 2010 at 11:44 PM  

We are so glad you appreciated our efforts even though, at the end, we were unable to pull off this surprise. We'll try again sometime in the future.
LOVE, Mom

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP