Strappy Shoes

>> Friday, July 16, 2010


This post is for my sister and my friend Torie. I am providing evidence that I do, in fact, own a pair of black strappy shoes. They did not believe me when I made this claim even though the black strappy shoes pictured above once belonged to my sister.

Oh look, I own a pair of silver strappy shoes too. I even purchased these myself (a rarity since hand-me-ups from said sister usually account for the fancier elements of my wardrober). The heels of the black shoes are the same as the silver ones (because my sister wanted evidence that they were thin heels, not chunky ones).

Admittedly, if I had my way, I would wear Chacos almost all the time. I have the green and blue ones pictured above as well as a pair of blue and white ones with a slightly less hardy sole. And until it gets too cold to expose one's toes, I do wear my Chacos most of the time. As my officemate has observed, I likes shoes with tread. But I am aware that weddings generally require fancier footwear. (However, should I have a wedding, everyone has my permission to wear whatever they want, from rubber flip flops to sequined stilettos).

Back to more typical posting, this picture reveals at least 3 different projects I've got in the works. Hopefully I'll have more to show soon, though work + disgusting humidity has really put a damper on sewing this week.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Molly July 16, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

Ugh! Humidity is the killer of all creative spirit.

Elsa July 17, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

I too wear Chaco's most of the time, when I'm not wearing those I wear clogs ... don't own a fancy pair of shoes and haven't in a while ... my strappy shoes are a pair of zorries! hahaha!
you should be in Portland, OR today ... it's 53 right now with a high of 73! love this weather!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP