Power Down

>> Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Image from here


I am officially done with summer showers and thunderstorms. Finished. There is nothing pleasant about the humidity that precedes the storm, the 15 minutes of pounding rain that turns the driveway into a little river, or the droplets and rivulets in window sills from the angled rain. Oh, and then there are the trees that fall and take the power with them.

 {The actual tree downed near my house. Poor car and car owner.}

And while no electricity can be fantastic when one, say, chooses to go camping, it is much less fabulous when one's regular work requires, say, light.

[/Rant]

More positively, a big thanks to everyone who helped celebrate my birthday yesterday. It's always nice to get phone calls, facebook messages, and emails from those close and far away. A couple friends took me away for lunch and pottery painting (I painted a spoon rest, to be revealed when I get it back all fired and glossy). I went out to dinner and drinks with friends (wonderful reminders of the world outside of my daily work). I intended to show you the lovely hibiscus that a friend brought me, but I'm at work without the camera. Maybe tomorrow...

3 comments:

Elsa July 29, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

oh, sorry I missed your birthday! hope it was a happy one!

Anonymous July 29, 2010 at 11:40 AM  

I'm glad you had a great birthday and gave yourself the permission to pull away from the prelims prep to celebrate.

--Amy

~Michelle~ July 29, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

yuck - storms are no fun when big trees end up on top of vehicles :(

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP