In the Works

>> Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I've got a couple quilts in the works, one mostly done and one partially there. But I can't reveal them yet. Instead I'll show you the bag I whipped up this weekend. Things I learned while making it: Craft Fuse is a handy little tool, handles are little buggers, and check 8 times before sewing lest you err in ways that can't really be fixed. Umm, yeah, so I know how I'm supposed to sew in handles so they're all nice and hidden and even though I was convinced I was doing it the right way, I was not. So the handles on this bag are not ideal. But I'm ok living with this.

There's a treat for someone in the bag, just sayin'. If you look closely, you can see my not-so-amazing solution to the strap issue. But I recommend not looking too closely. I took these pictures before the loud April showers arrived. Lots of thunder and hard rain woke me up in the middle of the night....but I kind of love spring/summer showers for the loud thunder and bits o' lightening. Also, I'm heading into a grading cave for the next 5 days so rain, thunder, and lightening comprise a very appropriate backdrop since I need to work not play.

2 comments:

Carla April 7, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

I'm with you on the straps. Mine never seem to come out they way I want.

But either way, your bag looks great. Love the fabrics you used.

Jocelyn April 7, 2010 at 5:45 PM  

I love your bag. The fabrics are wonderful!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP