Miracle Foundation Quilt #3, In-Progress

>> Tuesday, October 27, 2009

After the sashing/no-sashing debate over Miracle Foundation quilt #2, I decided to go with no sashing but mollified by uncertainty by making another quilt top (obviously the answer to all issues) that had sashing. I opted for 9 four-square disappearing 9-square blocks (I hope you can follow all that!). More simply, 9 of the pattern of blocks above, sashed with white polka-dots.

I used a different white for the border because I didn't have enough of the other white and couldn't easily acquire more. I'm adding 2 more borders to it -- 1 narrow border comprised of 2 inch blocks of the red, orange, yellow, and pink fabrics, followed by a white border (polka dots, with the remaining fabric). That's the plan anyways. I'll be out of town the next 2 weekends for weddings, so I'm not quite sure when I'll finish it, but hopefully in the not-too-distant future.

1 comments:

Grace October 27, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

Beautiful.. Love the simplicity of it.

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP