Vegetarian Menu Planning

>> Sunday, March 29, 2009


For anyone looking for a vegetarian menu (rather than just the recipes), head over here. Marie*Jolie at Permission to Unwind has posted her family's 2-week vegetarian (and mostly gluten-free) menu. She'll be posting shopping lists and recipes as the week progresses.

I suppose a certain amount of actual menu planning occurs when one is cooking for more than oneself -- which is not my life at the present. I tend to make 1-2 big things (soup, lentils, baked ziti, etc) for the week and eat it for lunch and/or dinner. I mix it up with some stir-fries, quick-and-easy burritos (open can, drain beans, place on tortilla, add some cheese, place in microwave, add veggies + toppings), and hearty salads.

One of the things that impressed me most about the 2-week veg menu is the variety of breakfast foods. For me, cereal, oatmeal, and english muffins rotate through, and that's about it -- which works for me. In the end, I think healthy (vegetarian) eating is more about figuring out what foods, recipes, and cooking framework works for you than following any plan, book, or diet rigidly.

With Passover soon arriving, I'll be posting a few veg-friendly Passover recipes that help create a little variety for those abstaining from leavened things for 8 days.

And finally, the giveaway remains open until Tuesday night. Leave a comment here to participate.

1 comments:

M.E. Greene March 29, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

Ooh, just happened to see your shout-out. Thank you for spreading the word about my menu! Recipes for week one will be posted in the next day or so. :o)

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP