Three Facts

>> Monday, March 2, 2009


1) Polar bears cover their black noses with snow to better camouflage themselves while hunting.
2) Polar bear liver is poisonous to humans.
3) Polar bears easily overheat which is why they prefer walking to running.

Why do I know this random trivia? The short answer is that I learned these particular facts from a polar bear calendar many moons ago. The long answer to why this information continues to occupy space in my brain is I don't know.

But polar bears have long been my favorite animal, and my mom very nicely purchased some polar bear fabric for me (on sale! 70% off! in Florida!). Since winter doesn't seem to be leaving 2009 at a very rapid pace, at least up here in the northeastern midwest, I'll have to take solace in somewhat inaccurate (er, fanciful?) polar bear depictions printed on cotton. I think I may hold off using it until next fall, in a vain attempt to limit the reach of this year's winter.

2 comments:

Nicole March 2, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

It's such a cute fabric.

Do you already have an idea for it?

two hippos March 2, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

Thanks -- I don't have a specific idea, so I'm happy to take any suggestions!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP