Challah Covers #2 & #3

>> Wednesday, July 2, 2008
















This challah cover, with the blue and green batik fabric, was a wedding present for Avigael and Josh. I had a small piece of the fabric and selected colors that complemented it. I like using "2s" in challah covers that are wedding gifts, hence the two pinwheels. I made a similar one for Dina and Eliav but I'm still looking for a picture of it...















Likewise, in the navy and turquoise challah cover for Emily and Binya, I played with 2s in a different way: 2 navy squares and 2 patchwork squares. As an aside, I found making challah covers helped my binding skills immensely as I could experiment with new techniques on smaller pieces.


0 comments:

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP