Challah Cover #1

>> Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I made my first foray into challah covers in Fall 2005. At the annual Palo Alto L'Chaim festival, I saw several people selling challah covers for a lot of money, and I thought if I could make quilts, I could make challah covers. Here is one of my early efforts.





The challah cover above was an experiment with blues and with wavy stitching along the edges. The backing is one of my favorite pieces of fabric from the second quilt I ever made. It was a wedding gift for Yona and Tzvi in January 2006.

1 comments:

Anonymous October 3, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

Ronit, your handicraft work is fabulous. You truly have inherited your mothers golden hands and you have added your own twist on creativity and thoughtfulness in all your works. You have added a signature on your creations that speaks volumes of what you think before you create. I am so proud of you.What a fabulous hobby....which if academia doesn't work for you ...you can always translate into a business.

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP