DQS 9 Received

>> Monday, September 6, 2010

This weekend I received the quilt made for me in DQS 9. As it turns out, DQS 9 was a swap and Jeanette (scrapnchick) and I ended up as one another's partners, so I sent a quilt off to her and she sent this one to me. On flickr, I know she said this challenged her to move outside of her usual color palette, and I think she did a great job making a fun and bright quilt. I especially love the jumbo ric-rac stem -- I don't think I've ever seen ric-rac that big before. My plan is to hang this in my otherwise drab, standard-issue office to enliven that space.

Jeanette was kind enough to send along some extra goodies as well: a cathedral windows pincushion (wow! I've long admired cathedral windows but they intimidate me), a hexagon needle case, some red trim, and a cheery notepad. Thanks Jeanette!

3 comments:

~Michelle~ September 7, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

oh boy, I LOVE that little quiltie! the flower is great... and I'm not a fan of ric-rac but it works so perfectly as the stem!

Jeanette September 13, 2010 at 1:12 AM  

While Cathedral Window quilts do not appeal to everyone if you will Relax and try a small one you will see that it is very easy. They can of course be made completely by hand but they can also be made completely by machine. Both are fun and therapeutic in their own way. The basic instructions can be intimidating but it is one method that once you actually start doing it is very easy to understand. It took me a while to try one too, but I Love them now!

Jeanette September 27, 2010 at 1:48 AM  

Ronit, you are so welcome, I love how it turned out, and I think it's awesome that we were partners =0) Even though it did "Trick" me. I saw your cute quilt and thought "No, it couldn't be for me, because I am YOUR partner! Shows what I know eh?

I hope you enjoy your little quilt as much as I enjoy mine!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP