Awesome Austin: The Stitch Lab

>> Thursday, September 30, 2010


What a marvelous space! Several people suggested that I stop by the The Stitch Lab, and it didn't disappoint. It's a lovely space in a converted bungalow on South 1st Street (and easy walk from the river trail). The staff is lovely -- I arrived when they opened and they even offered me a cup of coffee. If I lived here, I would definitely spend time in this sweet spot. It looks like they have some great classes (including some bag making ones I'd love to take).


 Of course, I couldn't step in and then leave without buying some fabric. I haven't had a chance to photograph my purchases but I figured I could indulge since I was able to take a shuttle rather than pay for a cab to last night's lodging. As a small store, the fabric selection isn't enormous but it's incredibly well curated. They've picked great lines and parts of lines. If I had lots more money, I would have bought cuts of all sorts of fabrics that looked good together.

3 comments:

beez September 30, 2010 at 11:42 PM  

Yea!! Thanks for such a lovely blog about you experience here! We are SEW glad you popped in and enjoyed what you saw. Please come again any time!
xo
The Stitch Lab Gals!

The WoodLand School October 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM  

I'm so glad to hear that you're having some fabric fun in Austin!

Micki October 3, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

Looks like a great place!
Micki

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP