Summer to Fall

>> Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The signs of fall -- namely leaves changing and crisp, chilly mornings -- have arrived. There are still lavender flowers in the front yard (I have no idea what kind they are). And when the sun is out, it can still look summery.

What you may get a small glimpse of in the bottom of the picture is a bee. These flowers attract buzzing bees like no others.

They didn't seem to mind me getting close to take pictures but I don't love having a stash o' bees in the front yard. If they would start stinging the squirrels and getting those pests away from the roof -- where they like to run relay races in the morning -- I would like the bees more.

But there's no question that autumn has arrived, a little after the fall equinox.

Which is great because fall is my favorite season. It's only Wednesday but the week has already been jam-packed, what with Yom Kippur on Sunday night/Monday and then scurrying to get back into the work groove. I'm still struggling to get down a good daily and weekly rhythm, but I'm hoping that being home this weekend will help. And maybe I'll get to sew a little more -- I have a long list of projects I want to move forward with, but classes and teaching is pinching the time available right now.

3 comments:

Lise September 30, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

Wild asters. I was married in October, and we decorated with these, as they were almost the only thing blooming at the time. I didn't know what they were then, but I've been schooled by my gardening friends.

two hippos September 30, 2009 at 1:03 PM  

Excellent, thank you for enlightening me. I need to be schooled by gardening friends since I'm useless beyond the basics :)

Becky September 30, 2009 at 11:58 PM  

Pretty, pretty. I spent all day thinking it was Friday!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP