A Few Snippets

>> Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Literal Snippets.

And more figurative ones. I spent the weekend with many of the lovely ladies of the Ann Arbor Modern Quilt Guild. Lots of sewing, lots of delicious food, and lots of laughter. I finished a few quilts, including my lingering do.Good Stitches quilt from March, and I started some new ones, including one that uses the star block above. Well, actually, the star block above is a little hack from pattern testing since, to be honest, I'm not the best at fully following quilt directions. I just can't resist a little tweak here and there. Luckily, Debbie was patient with my insatiable need to modify, adapt, alter, and improvise.

In addition to some starts and finishes, I also joined the Instagram bandwagon (you can find me there as two_hippos). At the end of June, my brother convinced me (or rather, the math of family plans convinced me) it was time to upgrade to a phone that could do more than allow me to talk to people (that is the purpose of phones, right?). I'm slowly learning the different things aside from connect my voice to other people's voices that said phone can, in fact, do. I'm a little resistant because I'm trying to avoid feeling tethered to it, but I admit I do like instagram and its fancy filters and whatnot.

Final snippet: Washi dress. In-progress. Major thanks to Rae and Karen for patiently guiding the quilting sort into garment-making.

2 comments:

~Michelle~ August 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM  

Nice - literal snippets... :)

And let me know what you think about the Washi dress - will it work for us pear shapes? Especially those that have a little extra new mama belly going on??

Karissa August 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM  

OOooh, you're making a Washi? Can't wait to SEE!!!!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP