Slow to Bloom

>> Thursday, February 9, 2012

Heather was our fearless leader for January's round of do.Good Stitches. She provided us with instructions for blossom blocks, and we made them in a purples-and-pinks palette, with a background of coal. I admit that I'm a touch concerned that the Coal I bought is not actually Coal. It seemed darker than it should have been, but it was labeled Coal, so hopefully it's correct. Once I was home for more than 12 hours at a time (January was a little nutty with travel; February is somewhat similar), they came together quite quickly. I grabbed a picture of them on the steps of the Eisenhower Library before mailing them out earlier this week.

Michonne has asked for Ribbon Stars for February, and I've cut out all the pieces. Which places me way ahead of where I was a month ago for January's blocks. This suggests I should be able to crank them out before I leave for Utah at the end of February. Suggests being the operative word. What is no longer a suggestion but will be a reality is heading to Sarah's Fabrics in Lawrence tomorrow, where I'll not only get to see the amazingness many have raved about but also get to meet up with Mary Anne, who made me a set of fabulous placemats in the first round of the For the Love of Solids Swaps.

3 comments:

RenoRx (Watch Meesh Run) February 9, 2012 at 11:24 PM  

OOOhhhh have fun at Sarah's Fabrics and have fun in Utah! Crazy that you travel so much - is it for work?

~Michelle~ February 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM  

There's coal and charcoal... Charcoal is even darker, almost black, so I'm guessing you're OK (says the girl who as purchased every gray solid available).

Have fun shopping and sneak some photos if you can!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP