do. Good Stitches: November

>> Wednesday, November 9, 2011

After my last-minute block-making for my own month in do. Good Stitches, it was time to be diligent and efficient this month. Shannon picked a great block and a wonderful color scheme of gray/tangerine/aqua. I was able to make the blocks out of my scrap bin (plus the Kona Ash from Shannon). I do use aqua and orange a fair amount, after all. These blocks were super easy to put together -- cutting the pieces definitely took the most time, but once that was done, the sewing was quick.

I think the upper left block is my favorite. I like how the scale of each of the prints works with the other. As I noted to Felicity last week, I like the challenge of bees in which each person is sewing from their stash. It means choosing blocks that can play well together even when the fabrics are pretty different. I think this block is a real winner in that regard.

5 comments:

LT November 9, 2011 at 9:45 AM  

I love your blocks, and that color combo was a great choice by Shannon. I'll have to remember it when I make a quilt for my mom, orange and turquoise are her favorites!

Thanks as always for sharing!

FlourishingPalms November 9, 2011 at 12:03 PM  

These blocks are wonderful. Your print choices are spot-on. Gosh, I'd sure love a whole quilt made like this. Gorgeous!

felicity November 9, 2011 at 2:00 PM  

Definitely a winner - great fabric choices!!

Abby and Stephanie November 11, 2011 at 11:47 AM  

A very refreshing color combination. Terrific mod blocks.

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP