Lego Chuppah, Part I

>> Monday, August 18, 2008

I've (finally) buckled down and made a lot of progress on Jen and Claire's chuppah. They created the design, which they call "the lego chuppah." I would show you a picture of their design if blogspot was working, but for some reason it will not allow me to upload any photos right now. I'll try again in the morning.

Suffice it to say that with three weeks left, I moved from very little progress to almost done (just need to bind the quilt) pretty quickly. As the term "lego chuppah" might suggest, this quilt involved a lot of little pieces of fabric. It's not my usual MO, but it's great to try new designs. I had a moment of massive uncertainty about this working out, but per usual, that feeling subsided and, now that the little pieces are all connected together, I can safely say that I think it's a pretty damn fine piece of work. This chuppah also has a ton of white fabric which is new for me -- nothing really different about the fabric except the more constant concern about markers magically losing their caps and staining it. Knock on wood, the white has been and will remain safe.

Let's hope the insert photos function actually works tomorrow so I can share some pictures.

Go here for part II and here for part III (both of which have pictures).

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP