Friday Recipe: Summer Potato Salad

>> Friday, August 21, 2009

Taking delicious pictures of potato salad is hard. I should have taken some pictures of the bounty of farmer's market produce I picked up on Wednesday before I made anything with it, but I was eager to use it once I got home.

Almost everything (except condiments and spices) in this potato salad came from my local farmer's market; however, it's certainly possible to buy all the ingredients at the store. It's a great side dish, potluck dish, and party dish, and it's simple to make. All the amounts are approximate and can be modified to your tastes.


Summer Potato Salad
~Makes 1 large bowl

15-20 small (larger than fingerling) potatoes (I used half white and half red)
6 eggs
red onion
3 small carrots (I had orange and purple from the market)
2 stalks celery
light mayo
spicy mustard
pepper

1. Boil potatoes until soft enough to slice. Drain and set in a bowl to cool.

2. Hard boil eggs. Cool, and discard the yolks (or keep them if you like egg yolks).

3. Chop 1/4 red onion into small pieces and slice the celery into small pieces.

4. In a large bowl, place the potatoes, boiled eggs, celery, and red onion. Grate the carrots into the bowl.

5. Add equal parts mayo and mustard. Take a big knife and start slicing (basically, you are cutting the potatoes and eggs down into eatable chunks while simultaneously mixing the condiments into the salad. I start with a large spoonful of mayo and mustard and add in order to get a consistency I like).

6. Add pepper to taste.

7. Enjoy!

There was more; I took this picture after 2 people ate some. It's good like that.

1 comments:

Micki August 22, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

Looks like a wonderful recipe. Thanks!
Micki

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP