Forsythia

>> Monday, August 17, 2009

I don't know who decided blinds were the way to go with windows. I have one real window in my bedroom, and it came outfitted with standard horizontal blinds. I suppose they keep peeping toms from seeing in (although with the tree border between my windows and those of the next-door neighbors, I'm not sure who would be able to see in aside from the birds and the squirrels. Oh the squirrels, I hate them, but that's another story). But, truth be told, they don't keep the room dark and they're ugly.

I've been waiting to find a curtain I like or a piece of fabric that I could make into a curtain. I think I found the fabric, Forsythia, from Michelle at Cicada Studio. However (there's always a however), at $40 a yard, the fabric is out of my price range. I can't justify an $80 curtain (because I think 2 yards would be necessary for even a basic curtain) even if it would be the loveliest curtain I ever own.

Also I should be working right now, so I'm going to focus on the fact that I don't have time to make a curtain and really, really, really need to be writing rather than blogging or playing with fabric in my mind.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP