On the to-do list

>> Friday, June 5, 2009

Clean the mirror. Wow it's awfully dirty. But it's the only full view of the apron I finished last week in time to bring it to CA to give to Sivan for her birthday.

It uses fabric from 2 different Michael Miller collections as well as some deep purple broadcloth I found at a thrift store (3+ yards for $1!). I bought the dots (waistband) last year and the Asian lanterns/blossoms this winter, and the colors, especially the greens, are almost identical.

I'm still working to perfect the waistband on my aprons. I still debate whether it needs interfacing and the right amount to turn under (just a half inch would probably be ideal for maximizing fabric usage, but it's so much easier to iron in half and then fold the halves to the middle).

I don't think any of these pictures show the purple broadcloth, but it's plain, purple, and pretty. Sivan loves purple so it made perfect sense to use it. It's about the shade of the dark purple at the bottom of the left-most purple lantern in the picture above.

And finally a shot in nice light. Thank you sun for cooperating for a minute.

Up next: previews of some recently-finished baby quilts.

3 comments:

Sara June 6, 2009 at 4:58 PM  

I love it - love the colors! And while you are cleaning your mirror will you come clean mine! I realised yesterday that my sliding door is REALLY bad!

Micki June 7, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

I love the colours too...so cheery and bright!
Micki

two hippos June 9, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

Thanks! Though I wrote about cleaning the mirror, I have yet to actually do so. As a result, I'm not sure you want me to aid with your sliding door, unless you're up for waiting a really long time :)

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP