My Space (not myspace)

>> Thursday, June 25, 2009

A couple posts ago, I wrote about my ten-month quest to decorate the walls of my room. Not only did I hang a mirror (which required some drywall anchors and subsequent maneuvering to get the screws and keyholes to match), but I created a collage of framed pictures.


It's not quite finished yet -- I received a print from Den-10 Studio that I'll frame and hang in August. I also ordered a 5x7 print of this picture (that I took in Africa) to go in the red frame. The current image in the frame, a neat Soviet-era postcard, is merely a placeholder.


In the meantime, I left my room very neat, and with new thoughts about a summer duvet cover.

I'm loving the red sheets against the blue walls, which is making me rethink the white duvet cover (option 1) and the multi-colored ORB quilt-along quilt top duvet cover (option 2 -- have the fabric picked out and will make it but where it goes is another story). Things to contemplate while I'm away!

Also on the "to-contemplate" list: what should I put on the walls? I kind of like 2 empty walls given the busy-ness of the collage wall, but I think they need something. Maybe a big stencil or sticker or something. Sort of like this one I bought for my bathroom -- which looks great but I can't seem to get a decent picture of it.

The birds are bright yellow, the walls are a nicer, brighter forest-y green, but my camera and the bathroom lighting are not friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous June 25, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

That antique mirror is a great find and I just love the orange birdies in the bathroom!

How long did it take you to arrange the frames for your wall collage? I love the way stuff like that looks, but I'm so anal it would take me years (literally) to work out a design and then get it up there.

two hippos June 25, 2009 at 1:07 PM  

Thank you! The frame arrangement took about a week of thinking about it, and then the day I hung them, I decided to start with what I knew I liked and move outward from there. I wanted to showcase the variety of colors and shapes and tried to distribute them accordingly. Luckily it worked!

Becky June 25, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

The room is FAB!!! I love bold colors on the wall and the pics you put up are great.

Thanks for sharing!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP