Fat Quarter Swap

>> Monday, May 25, 2009

As I noted here, I've been thinking about a fat quarter swap and I think it's time to get one going.

The basics:
*Anyone may join this swap.
*Each person will send 1 fat quarter to 2 or 4 other people (you choose, 2 or 4 partners) and thus each person will receive 2 or 4 fat quarters.
*A fat quarter is a piece of fabric that measure 18" x 22". Take a half yard (18") of fabric, fold it in half, selvage to selvage, and cut along the fold. Voila, a fat quarter.
*Send quality fabric -- no "grandma" fabrics or anything you wouldn't want to receive.

The Nitty-Gritty:
*Sign up by emailing me: 2hippos [at] gmail.com
*Emails should include the following information:

1. Name
2. Mailing Address
3. Email Address
4. Blog Name/URL (if available) or anything you want your swap partners to know about you.
5. Number of swap partners: 2 or 4
6. Are you willing to ship internationally?
*Sign-up by June 3. At this point, I will match all the groups and then send you emails with your swap partners.
*Once I email you your swap partners, you should mail your fat quarters within 2 weeks.
*Please spread the word as the more people who sign up, the better. Feel free to grab the image above, post it on your blog, and link back to this post.

13 comments:

Kerry May 26, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

Count me in! I'm emailing you right now!

Lise May 27, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

Hi! I'm excited to join your swap (my first swap). I'm a newbie blogger, and can't figure out how to add your widget to my blog. Any tips? Thanks!

grandmarockton May 27, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

I'd like to join: i'll do 2 check out my blog,too

Lucy C May 28, 2009 at 12:30 AM  

Hi, I'd love to join. I've just sent you an email!

Desiree May 29, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

Yay! So excited I saw this. This will be my first swap ever :) YAY!

Suwannee Mama May 29, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

I'd love to participate!
Let meknow what to do!

grandmarockton May 29, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

I'm back loved the lst FAT QUARTER SWAP so change the 2 to 4 as then I'll get more THANKS GR

Sweet Woodruff May 31, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

I would love to be a part of this. I'm running low on my fat quarter stash.

Caroline June 1, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

Great idea ... Count me in! Will send you an email from home this evening. Caroline x

Anonymous June 1, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

I can't wait- thanks for hosting!

Carmen June 3, 2009 at 6:50 AM  

OOOOO...This sound like fun, I want to play!! I hope I'm not too late! I've emailed you! Thanks

So Bella June 7, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

Is it still too late to join? Sounds like fun...

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP