Fanned Flowers

>> Saturday, October 9, 2010


I blogged about the beginning stages of this quilt about a year and a half ago. About a month later, I blogged about quilting the top. And that was it. I don't think I ever posted the full quilt. And it sat, quite patiently, in a small (very small right now) stash of finished quilts waiting for a new owner. I sent this off to Rachelle, my friend Phoebe's new daughter, this week. This is definitely the most "quilted" quilt I've ever made, with fan quilting about 1/4" apart.

One of the advantages of well-quilted quilts is that they fold up quite easily, and I was able to stuff this one in a flat-rate priority envelope without mangling it too much. Luckily, I have a friendly local post office where the employees are quite generous about manipulating priority envelopes; I've heard that others have encountered less forgiving folks who reject thick envelopes.

I'm still playing catch-up on a lot of other fabric-related projects. If all goes well with getting work done (ha!), I'll have a solid chunk of quilt time on Sunday. Then again, it's a glorious day outside so work may be delayed in favor of gorgeous fall weather...

3 comments:

~Michelle~ October 9, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

Chicky, you are on a roll! I love this quilt, and the Lego quilt was awesome too!

Micki October 10, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

The quilt is just gorgeous!
Micki

phoebster59 May 3, 2011 at 8:21 PM  

Rachelle's beautiful quilt! I was just looking at some of your more recent posts and thought, I wonder.... We can't wait to see you in Williamstown in a couple weekends!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP