Nowhere and Everywhere

>> Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Awhile back, I mentioned ordering labels. I talked about it but never showed anything because I ordered them while living like a vagabond and never managed to take pictures of them on the rare occasions in which we were in the same place at the same time. My weekend projects included a large quilt to which I wanted to attach a label. Thus ensued the label hunt. I knew I had stashed the small roll in a "safe place" while moving to ensure that they returned with me. But that "safe place" eluded me.

I hadn't come across them while unpacking and I dug through my sewing stuff multiple times in pursuit. In between each stage of quilt-making -- after piecing the front, piecing the back, and basting the quilt -- I looked for the labels, hoping to be able to attach one before quilting. But no, I couldn't find the roll. I quilted and label-hunted, binded and label-hunted, to no avail. I washed the quilt and I hunted, no luck. I dried the quilt and I hunted and, finally, at last, the labels appeared. I had squired them away in an envelope full of "important" papers that I would surely sort and file quickly (ha!). So the timing was imperfect, but at least I could still sew on a label before shipping the quilt. And so I did. The hand-stitching is imperfect, but I'll take it. And if you're looking for labels, Michelle at Inked Papers is delightful.

4 comments:

~Michelle~ September 6, 2011 at 8:47 PM  

And of course, the lettering is orange! That fits you perfectly! So my question... what does the area where the design feel like? Is it stiff? Or does that even matter because you have enough space on the normal twill tape to tack the label down?

Karissa September 6, 2011 at 9:51 PM  

Oh yay! Labels look fantastic, and the backing on that quilt is gorgeous! So glad they could meet :)

Sarah September 7, 2011 at 12:41 AM  

Love them!! If you can spare one, I'd love to sew it on to the quilt you made for Benjamin. We literally use it every day for him to play on, a permanent feature in our living room!

Anonymous September 7, 2011 at 2:00 PM  

Your labels are fabulous! I need to bookmark that site for when the labels my brother and SIL gave me run out (or so that I can get some that don't have bright pink lettering).

-Amy

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP