Immune No More

>> Friday, September 23, 2011

Drunkard's Path QAL

I've generally willed myself away from quilt-alongs. Not because I don't like the concept or don't want to quilt with (virtual) friends or don't want to make another quilt. Mostly, I bookmark them and note keep the instructions accessible so, if at some point in time, it's what I want to make and I have the time, I can. But I think I might actually do one. Kate and Kristie are doing a drunkard's path quilt-along, and I have really wanted to make some drunkard's path blocks for a while now. Kate's amazing quilt cemented my interest in the block and the design possibilities it offers. Of course, the timing isn't quite perfect, but I think I can make it work. Or not....to be determined. But I will figure out curved piecing this fall, one way or another.

In other quilting news, I'm the host, or as a friend dubbed me "Chief Quiltress," of a new do.Good Stitches circle. Hosting comes with organizational responsibilities (very appealing to my spreadsheet-loving mind), but also gave me the opportunity to select the charity to which we'll donate quilts. I'm excited that our new Empower Circle will be sending quilts to Alternatives for Girls, a really wonderful organization that does outreach, offers mentoring, and provides shelter to teenage girls in Detroit. I'll be leading off in October, and I need to decide/finalize the block I'll ask the circle to make. I'm toying with a few ideas, but if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears!

1 comments:

~Michelle~ September 23, 2011 at 3:52 PM  

Hmmm... seems interesting, but I'm over-committed already (3 bees, Pillow swap) and have some glorious vacation time coming up at the end of October. I'll just watch you.

OH! And for me, that curved piecing foot ended up being a waste of money (thus far) - I can't figure out how to use it accurately, and I've watched the video. Maybe I need to see someone use it in real life?

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP