Items of Note

>> Thursday, March 24, 2011

The good....Natalie received my dqs10 pojagi panel. Check out her blog post for, among other things, super-cute pictures of her cats debating how they feel about the new art in their home. She also documents our one-sided conversations over the past couple of months, in which I posed questions or posted pictures and hoped she would respond, while she responded not knowing how gratified to hear from her.

The important...



Modern Relief is at it again, this time raising money for Japan via a quilt raffle. The raffle will take place April 4, and you "buy" tickets to it through donations to Mercy Corps. As I know people in and with strong connections to Japan and I know people who have worked for Mercy Corps, I really like this combination. I've emailed the coordinators about donating a quilt and, pending their word, you may be able to win a two hippos original quilt.

The complicated....I started what became a long post about challenging questions about the spectrum of easy/hard, simple/complicated quilts, but it's become too long for this post, so I'll post it separately soon.

2 comments:

~Michelle~ March 24, 2011 at 7:28 PM  

I'm impressed & surprised by what a spirited discussion all of the quilting spectrum stuff has turned into. It never occurred to me that such a topic could be so alienating & political. Maybe quilting can start to get more respect as "art" based on the passion it can encite!

~Michelle~ March 24, 2011 at 7:29 PM  

Oh, and I'm happy your DQS quilt was so well received! Isn't that such a good feeling to have?

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP