Get Thee to a Post Office

>> Wednesday, March 16, 2011


It's been a motivation-less morning, which apparently leads me to use Shakespearean pronouns. I mean, did Shakespeare ever get burnt out or lose the will/discipline to get things done? His output was pretty tremendous, after all. Whereas I'm feeling burnt-out, work-wise. I know it happens to the best of us, and I'm pretty aware of the causes of this malaise, but I'm still trying to strike the balance between pushing through and stepping back for a break. 

(It probably didn't help that I stumbled across this treetop adventure/ropes course website, as I love high ropes courses and zip lines. That seems like a lot more fun than work. Want to come and play in the trees?)

And then there are the more basic things I need to do. Like going to the post office. I have one package ready to mail and a couple others on the horizon. The coasters above are part of the ready-to-post parcel (because I like British English today), and they're an extra treat to apologize for the extreme tardiness of the gift-to-be-mailed (lateness upon lateness might be the theme here). 

I have yet to decide whether I prefer to finish coasters by wrestling with binding or flipping-and-top-stitching. Each has its benefits and drawbacks. In the absence of a definitive opinion, I'll stick with my current ad-hoc method, which is to say, I do whatever I feel like doing at the time. I'll show the full set soon, but suffice it to say I had fun playing with the scraps from the larger project to make these coasters.

2 comments:

~Michelle~ March 16, 2011 at 1:47 PM  

In spite of being one of those freaks who's totally afraid of heights (at least, when coupled with slow speeds or no movement), I gotta say that ziplining is a blast! Hubs & I went on Grouse Mountain outside of Vancouver, it was pretty trippy! I dunno about a ropes course though, doesn't seem like it would be fast enough for me to forget about the height issues!

Cute coasters!

felicity March 16, 2011 at 1:53 PM  

Woo previous commenter! Vancouver! Represent!

I'm not so much on the zipping and the ropes and whatnot. But I certainly do understand the malaise that descends upon one's creativity now and again.

Thanks for including MANY of my favourite words/phrases in this post: malaise, ad hoc, tardiness.

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP