>> Friday, March 6, 2009
This is an easy dish packed with all the vitamins spinach has to offer. It's simple to multiply the recipe which makes it great for dinners at home or potlucks. Add a salad and soup, and you've got a dinner.
Makes 2 pies
Crust (look here for a simple recipe)
20 oz. frozen, chopped spinach
16 oz. ricotta (part-skim okay)
shredded cheese (your choice -- mozzarella and cheddar both work but yield different tastes)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Defrost spinach and squeeze out excess water (I usually put it in my metal strainer and use a potato masher to remove the water).
3. Place the spinach in a large bowl, add spices to taste, and mix well.
4. Add ricotta and eggs (beaten or beat in the bowl) and mix well.
5. Pour into crusts.
6. Top with shredded cheese.
7. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.