Knitted Treats

>> Saturday, February 26, 2011

I don't knit. This frequently surprises people. I think the logic is that of the crafty folk out there, many knit, and therefore since I'm crafty I must knit.While my grandmother knitted and my mother knits, I never learned how to do so. Perhaps one day I will, but in the meantime I rely on the kindness of friends to provide me with lovely knitted items.

About a month ago, I saw these awesome wristwarmers. And wanted some. So I posted them on facebook and asked if any of my knitter friends might like to do a craft exchange. Michelle, a college friend who made me a lovely purple chenille scarf in college, volunteered to make me some, as soon as she finished her grading (she's a science teacher).

The grading was pretty quick because a couple weeks ago, my new wrist warmers arrived. When she asked me what color(s), I said no pink but any saturated colors would be fabulous. And she selected this lovely cranberry and deep yellow combination.


She also included a coordinating hat, made with fun variegated yarn. I love the braided-twisty part of the wristwarmers -- I'm sure there's a technical knitting term, but I'll work with descriptive words for now. I'm making Michelle a Lickety Split bag in return, and need to finish it.

1 comments:

Katrina @ Pics, Pages & Purls February 26, 2011 at 11:49 PM  

Very pretty...the "twisty" part is called a cable. :) I love the colors!

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP