A House Full of Calendars

>> Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I might be living in a house full of calendars come January 2009 as I keep finding ones I really like. We'll see what the "aesthetics budget" has to say about this. Today's featured calendar is from five dot design (all images courtesy five dot design).

The intricate yet clean design of each page stands out to me in this calendar. In addition, when the month's image relates to a holiday (see February, March, October, and December below), the page is festive while remaining light and even whimsical.


I particularly like March's cascade of clovers (as well as October's pumpkin).

The distinctiveness of each page (and the calendar as a whole) comes, I think, from being unafraid to play with layout and scale. In addition, keeping the calendar part of the image in the lower right quadrant provides ample options for different combinations of off-centered pictures that actually center the individual page. Does that make sense to anyone but me? I'm not sure, but I like it. In other words, the calendar is cohesive without each successive month conforming to a template. And as my birthday is in July, I always have to check out the July page; these daisies are lovely.


Finally, as a bonus, you can buy the calendar as either a desk calendar or a wall calendar. Or, if you're looking for just the image, there are single cards made from several of the month's images available as well. It's nice to have options. To find out more about five dot design, check out its blog.

3 comments:

Holly October 29, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

I like calendars everywhere, too. Guess I'm just too lazy to go find one calendar, so I always want one handy.

five dot design October 29, 2008 at 8:35 PM  

thank you so much- this is such a sweet write up!

two hippos October 30, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

My pleasure! And I totally understand wanting a calendar at your fingertips, no matter where you are.

  © Blogger template Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP